We’re launching our first #MidWeekPoll with this crucial question: if you had to choose between your toothbrush or your smartphone, which would you take with you on your business trip?
Rest assured, we won’t judge you on your dental hygiene!
I have to confess that I have forgotten my toothbrush several times when travelling for business. But I have never (ever) forgotten my iPhone. And to be honest, I would have noticed the minute I left home: when I check my phone to see if the taxi is arriving on time; check-in for my flight; check my email, or send a text to my family to wish them a good day when they wake up!
Fortunately for me, the good thing about toothbrushes is that they are easy to find regardless of where you find yourself in the world – here are my tips for business travellers, who, like me, regularly leave for their business trip with no toothbrush:
- If you happen to remember whilst at the airport, you’re going to be just fine. In just about every airport you’ll find a shop selling toothbrushes.
- If shops are closed, try asking your flight attendants. They often have some emergency toiletry kits – they are generally very understanding and accommodating, and you could get away with a collectable airline toiletry bag 🙂
- Take a stroll and discover the local area when you arrive at your destination, in the hope that you stumble across a supermarket or pharmacy selling toothbrushes.
- In reality, what will probably happen is you’re ready for bed, pyjamas on, make up off and then discover you have no tooth brush. In this instance, I recommend that you call the hotel reception, they have saved my life (well, my teeth) on more than one occasion.
Whereas if you have forgotten your iPhone on a business trip, I have only one tip:
- Go back home. Immediately. Pick your phone and get on the next plane 🙂
We’ll be back next Tuesday with another existential question about business travel and I will update you on the results of today’s poll. Stay tuned and subscribe to our emails to stay up to date with these important business travel tips (along with lots of other actual useful information about business travel technology)!